February 14th, 2012
It’s been a long time since I posted anything here. The reason for that is that I was actually quite busy working. Working on something that I could not really discuss here. But now the situation has changed. The project I’m working on is an integral part of HP webOS platform. And this platform is being open sourced now. So I can finally talk about it in my blog
The project name is Isis and it is a webOS browser application. It’s exactly the same browser application you can find on webOS 3.0.5 with one major difference: it uses a recent version of WebKit or to be more precise QtWebKit.
So basically having the webOS build environment in place one can compile Isis browser and replace the one used by webOS 3.0.5.
This browser is not, in any sense, a final product. On the contrary, it’s the bleeding edge of the development my team is working on now. Do not be surprised by some features not working, missing functionality, etc. But, hey, it’s a work in progress! Feel free to provide your feedback or join us to develop it further! The project is open for contributions! Join us here: http://isis-project.org/ or on github: https://github.com/isis-project/
July 14th, 2010
We are looking for the dedicated software developers willing to work in the Internet Browser team in Mountain View, California:
- Software Engineer, Internet Browser Team Linux OS MeeGo-EMB0000000J
- Software Engineer, Internet Browser Team Linux OS MeeGo-EMB0000000M
March 10th, 2010
We are looking for an experienced software engineer and an architect for the browser team:
March 10th, 2010
We are looking for the Browser Q&A specialist.
Do not wait! Apply now!
September 3rd, 2009
- Nokia World 09: Nokia N900 offers voice calls, Skype and Google Talk
- Hands on: Nokia N900 review
- Hands on with the Nokia N900 and Maemo 5
September 2nd, 2009
We are looking for talented and dedicated software specialists to join the Maemo Internet Browser team in Helsinki, Finland:
- Browser Technology Engineer – HEL000001J5
- Browser Technology Engineer – HEL000001KI
- Senior Software Engineer – ITÄ00000011
- Browser Integration Engineer – ITÄ00000010
Watch here what we do:
May 4th, 2008
We are looking for talented and self motivated software developers, architects and project managers to join our browser software development team:
- Browser Technology Specialist-HEL000000SU
- Browser Architect/Technical Lead-HEL000000ST
- Technical Project Manager-HEL000000SS
April 22nd, 2008
Friends recommended me this page to test the browser performance:
This test is especially good if one needs to test the event handling performance in the browser engine.
March 19th, 2008
Our browser team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join us working on a web browsing technology software for a Linux software stack based on an open source.
Apply online for this position.